Maintaining the Motorized Longboard battery is a necessary maintenance work to ensure that the skateboard can work normally and avoid unnecessary property loss due to failure. This article will focus on how to properly and timely maintain Electric Longboard batteries to maximize their operating time and function.
I think the most important thing in order to care for a Motorized E-Skateboard's battery is to always charge it fully before using it, and never try to overcharge it. Also, you should avoid leaving the battery in a low state for extended periods of time, as this may cause permanent damage. If the maintenance is good, there is generally no problem in using it for 3-4 years; but if the maintenance is not proper, it is not impossible to scrap it in 1-2 years.
Electric Vehicle Battery Type
At present, there are usually two types of batteries used in electric vehicles: one is lithium batteries and the other is lead-acid batteries. Electric Skate Boards, electric scooters and portable electric bicycles generally use lithium batteries. Lithium batteries are small in size, light in weight, and easy to charge. But batteries are more expensive. There are also some larger electric bicycles, electric motorcycles and electric tricycles that generally use lead-acid batteries. Lead-acid batteries are large in size and weight, but relatively cheap.
Although many manufacturers claim that their own batteries can be "maintenance-free", the so-called maintenance-free only means that no deliberate maintenance is required, but the correct use method is still very important. During use, the maintenance principles of lithium batteries and lead-acid batteries are basically the same:
- It takes about 3-4 hours for the power of Veymax Skateboard to go from 0 to full. It is recommended to charge for the first three times for about 6 hours. There is no limit for the subsequent charging time, just fully charge.
- Use the original charger to charge, do not mix chargers with different specifications with other people's Motorized Skate Boards, otherwise the battery life may be affected due to the mismatch of voltage and current.
- When charging, connect the battery terminal first, and then the commercial power; after fully charged, disconnect the commercial power first, and then disconnect the battery terminal. Avoid damage to the battery due to sudden current shocks.
- During use, try not to run out of power. When the power is low, charge it in time to avoid damage to the battery caused by excessive discharge. In addition, do not charge immediately after long-term use, let the battery cool down for 10-30 minutes before charging will be more conducive to the "health" of the battery.
- Avoid large fluctuations in discharge or charge.
- Avoid keeping the Motorized Skateboard at the maximum speed or limit state, which may reduce the service life of the battery.
- When the battery is not in use for a long time, it needs to be charged once a month to avoid long-term power loss storage.
- Avoid storing the battery in a place with extreme temperature. Too high or too low temperature will affect the working performance of the battery.
- Avoid mixing old and new batteries.
- Finally, remember to check the performance of the battery every once in a while. For example, turn the Electric Motorized Skateboard over with the wheels facing up, and turn on and test every button and function of the remote control.
It is of great significance to pay attention to the maintenance of the Electric Skateboard Battery during use, because it can extend the service life of the battery, so that the Electric Skateboard can run normally for a longer period of time, thereby reducing maintenance costs. In addition, proper maintenance of batteries can also help reduce environmental pollution and avoid unnecessary waste of resources.